Friday, December 5, 2008

Bathroom Project

Last month, Steve decided that our bathroom was boring and needed some help. Without letting me in on the plan, he went to the hardware store and picked out a color scheme. He then started shopping online for bathroom accessories. He had everything all picked out, and was going to surprise me.

There was only one problem, I never go anywhere. And by suggesting that I take a trip to my mom's house for the weekend, he aroused my suspicions and then decided that he should let me in on the secret. After all, it's my bathroom too. I'm glad he did, because I like to be involved in the interior design aspect of my house.

We spent a whole weekend painting and putting up bead board, installing new fixtures and plumbing and shopping for matching accessories. We got almost everything done. I have been waiting for the final touches to get finished up to post the before and after pictures. Three weeks later, and the final touches are still not done. For example we have no window coverings. We have gone to Home Depot 4 times, and we keep forgetting to measure the window.

Since I put up Christmas decorations on my blog today, I decided I needed to post something for everyone to read. So I have taken pictures of the 90% finished bathroom. We are very happy with it and I have forgotten what it was even like before.

Bathroom Before - Blah!

Bathroom After - Hooray!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Love the Christmas decorations, the tunes and most especially the bathroom! Its a good man who can just take on improvements on his own without being asked!

Dave said...

Wow, what a difference. I never gave my bathroom much thought, but maybe I should follow your lead.

Jillo said...

That looks really great! I love the blue and black together.

Jessica said...

You guys are so talented! I love the colors.

Monica said...

It looks great!

Kim said...

Nice job you two!!! A change is always good. Kim

rachel and brady said...

Hey Lauers! Just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say hello! Congrats on baby #6, that is exciting! We miss totally miss the ward, but i see there are a few bloggers other than you guys too, so we'll have to keep in touch! Do you mind if we add ya to our list? Have a merry christmas! Say hey to Hannah and Jonathen for us!