Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 – It’s over already?

 

LIttle Family

Looking back, I am amazed at how fast this year went by. I suppose it’s because I was pregnant for most of 2008 – the longest year in the history of the world. Still, Jack is now 10 months old – he’s not even a baby anymore. It always makes me sad when my little ones are not babies anymore. Time to have another one? Nope! Even though last January was a whole year ago, it has not been long enough for me to forget how awful it is to be 8 months pregnant.

Last January was as always long and boring. It was a nice change to have a dance recital in January and not during the holiday season. There was quite a bit of excitement when the Arizona Cardinals made their way through the playoffs and into the Super Bowl – And, even though it didn’t end the way we would have liked, it sure made January bearable.

For being the shortest month of the year, February was very long. As always, the 280 days of pregnancy were totally worth the end result. Sweet little Jack was finally here – amazing. While we were all very happy to have another little family member, I think Jack has been good for both Henry and Hannah. Hannah is like his little mother – she is a great babysitter for Jack - she always makes him smile. Henry is happy to have someone to share his room and sometimes his toys.

March, April and May – nothing much except a couple of birthdays. I think Steve’s parents came for a visit somewhere in there. I might have been a little tired for a few months. I think I snapped out of it by the end of May. Probably because school got out, but also because that is when my friends and I started our Recipe Blog. It has been fun to share delicious recipes with friends and family.

In June, Steve and I celebrated our 15th anniversary. We took a trip to our most favorite place – New York. I am always amazed when I think about how much has happened over the last 15 years. I never would have predicted 6 kids – I’m pretty sure that I used to think I was never going to have kids. I’m glad I was wrong.

July, August and September – again just lots of birthdays. I didn’t even post anything for August. I’m not ashamed to say that I turned 35 in August. I don’t know why I didn’t blog about it. I was probably busy trying to do fun things with my kids before school started so that they would remember that I was a fun mom. Just for the record, summer break was exceptionally long. That’s all I have to say about that.

October, November and December – I think I remember Halloween, but the rest is a mad blur. Shopping and parties and programs – but no dance recitals this year. The girls are making noises about missing dance – but I don’t wanna (said in a whining voice). We did finally for the first time get family photos taken by my friend Jill (link to the left). Steve wanted me to note that the Yankees won the World Series in November – but I know that nobody cares, because everyone else is Yankee-Haters and wanted them to lose.

Happy New Year to Everyone!

fireworks2

Wonder what new and exciting
things 2010 has in store for us?

4 comments:

Heather said...

A great year! I predict that in 2010 in addition to Hannah and Libby taking dance Jonathan will start taking ballroom dance, making those recitals even more exciting for the Lauer family:) ...think about it!

I love your family picture. You have an awesome family

Monson Family Fitness said...

Cute family portrait! I love it, but you should have asked me to take them...i'm good! ok, not really i need to practice for FREE! anyway, 2009 was fun! I still wish I could see Jack in person! Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here's to a feb baby picture of Charly, Jack and Lacy this year!

Sara said...

Love the family photo! That is a goal of ours for 2010, along with losing 40+ lbs., finishing a basement and surviving this January (now on bed rest...thanks Dr. T!)

Danielle said...

I really like your family photo. And I second Heather: Jonathon would be a fantastic ballroom dancer! Tell him the girls love it.