Monday, May 10, 2010

Long Month = Long Post

Warning: This is what happens when you don’t write anything for a whole month. This post is more for documenting the events than it is entertaining.

4-2010 Florida Vacation 027

I don’t know if I can remember ever having a month seem as long as April. I guess it could be said that the last month of a pregnancy might be close, but usually the end result is joyful.

It’s a good thing that we were able to go to Vegas because that trip was like the calm before the storm.

We had one week from the time we got home from Vegas until we left for Florida. We decided to ship our clothes instead of checking baggage, because now they charge you per bag. If you don’t have to check bags, then you get to go straight to the gate, so that is an added bonus.

It is always a little overwhelming getting all of us through security and onto the plane. The kids were great. They might drive me crazy all of the other days of the year, but I will put up with it as long as they behave at the airport.

I hate to fly. I get sick on take-off and landing and during turbulence. I can usually keep everything down, but it’s such an icky feeling. Plus there’s always the horrible thought in the back of my mind that planes crash. Luckily we only had one bad upchuck moment, and that was on the way home. Hannah lost it when we flew into Atlanta for a plane change. It’s our fault, we forgot the Dramamine.

4-2010 Florida Vacation 086

We flew into Tampa and so we had to drive for a couple of hours to get to Grandma’s house. It sure was nice to finally get out of the car. Everyone was so excited to finally be there.

The weather was perfect. I would like to never have to go back there in the summertime again. We stayed two nights at Grandma’s and then they put us up in a resort for the next week. The kids got to take turns sleeping over at Grandma’s.

4-2010 Florida Vacation 135

On Friday we decided to leave the kids with grandma and go check into the resort. On the way we got into a fender bender in the rental car. I have to say that I think this put a damper on our entire vacation. We are still sorting out the details, because it’s our word against the other guys, but I’m telling you - He switched lanes into us.

4-2010 Florida Vacation 010

 

4-2010 Florida Vacation 042On Saturday we headed back to Tampa to watch the Yankees play the Rays. We had great seats right behind the Yankee bullpen, it was fun, but it just wasn’t as exciting as going to a Yankee home game. The traffic was awful and we spent more time driving in the car than we did at the game, but at least they won.

4-2010 Florida Vacation 048

 

4-2010 Florida Vacation 085Sunday was the day of the Bounce House. Steve’s parents rented one to keep the kids busy for the day. Steve’s mom also decided that we should celebrate everyone’s birthday because we were all there together.

Birthday Cake

4-2010 Florida Vacation 093

Tuesday found us at The Magic Kingdom in Disneyworld. By this time the camera had run out of batteries, and we didn’t feel like digging up the charger so we don’t have any pictures. It doesn’t matter thought, because I think all of our Disney pictures always look the same.

We wrapped up our visit with a trip to Nana’s, where we all got to go for a golf cart ride and see a baby alligator that lives in one of the golf course ponds. Again, no pictures – I always forget the camera.

4-2010 Florida Vacation 137

While we were there, I found out that my Grandpa up in Bear Lake was very sick. My mom didn’t want to worry us, but the doctors had only given him a few days. So as soon as we got home, I headed up to see him. There were many family members there and it was good to see everyone, even if the reason wasn’t the best.

By the time I got home, I felt like I had been away for the whole month. I was not even sure what day it was. Luckily there was nothing scheduled so I didn’t have to worry about remembering anything.

The rest of the month was long because I was always wondering when I would get that unwelcome phone call about grandpa.

No comments: