Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jack’s Second Birthday


Jack’s birthday was pretty low key this year. We didn’t have a big party or any decorations. In fact we didn’t even wrap his presents. Hey, he’s two, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t care. We’ll try to do better next year.

Grammy and Grampy  came for a visit in the afternoon, and brought him a Toy Story couch. It was very tough for Henry to understand that it was for Jack and not for him. He was like that with all of Jack’s presents. I’m sure it will be that way forever. Hannah still has a hard time when Libby get presents too.

Boys on Couch

Grandma Lauer sent a radio flyer tricycle for him, and it was a hit with all of the kids. It’s amazing how many times I have to get mad at the older kids for trying to ride it. Jack spent the day singing a Queen song about bicycles.

New Bike 

We got him this twisty road thing that cars drive on.

Jack playing

I decided to get all fancy with his Birthday Cupcakes. I know that he didn’t really care what they looked like, but he sure did love how they tasted.

Candles

It’s crazy how fast two years has gone by. Jack has turned into a little boy, and he is no longer my baby. He loves to play with Henry and copy whatever he does. This makes him seem even bigger than he really is. He is such a funny little boy who makes us all laugh. He likes to help put the dishes away and he loves to play with the kitchen gadgets. He is constantly moving chairs to get into things. He is going to be an amazing artist when he grows up, and I will be rich because I will have all of his beginning masterpieces on my walls and doors and windows and furniture. I am afraid for the terrible twos with this one – it’s a good thing he’s so cute.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I love Jack! I just want to squeeze him.