Friday, September 30, 2011

Summer Summary - Part Two

 

 

And we’re back.

This year, Libby turned 8. She celebrated the big day at the bowling alley with friends and family.

P7170897

I was super lazy and didn’t make a cake for her, but I did buy her three from the store. One of the great things about Libby is that she was totally fine with store bought cakes.

DSCN2227

DSCN2230

Since this was the big #8, it was Libby’s turn to get baptized.

DSCN2258

DSCN2261

DSCN2262

DSCN2271

We continued our tradition of dinner at the Roof restaurant. 

DSCN2278

And a stroll around Temple Square.

DSCN2285

DSCN2307

We had a very nice time hanging out with her for the evening.

DSCN2315

We are very proud of her.

Finally, we ended the summer with another birthday and a campout. Steve and Thomas headed out on a backpacking journey on my birthday. I was not too crushed, because I headed up to my moms house and had a great time. My sister made me delicious cupcakes and I spent most of the time with my head in a book while someone else watched the kids.

Steve and Thomas enjoyed their time in the forest. Thomas did not eat oatmeal or soup – I’m not really sure what he ate. He survived somehow though.

DSCN2367 

Also it should be noted that Jonathon also went on an amazing campout where he Climbed rocks, mountain biked, hiked, and river rafted. It was the most amazing thing he has ever done, and he lets us know every day how boring we are for not ever taking him to do those things ever.

I am always glad when summer is over – I gladly welcome cooler weather and yes – even snow!

No comments: