Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Garden Update
















I picked the first two Zucchini's of the season yesterday. I was very proud - although, I've heard that it's not much of a challenge to grow massive amounts of them.



The pumpkins are taking over - I hope they don't need to grow for very much longer, or they will have to find room outside of the garden box.

The first thing that grew in the garden were 2 tomatoes. I bought tomatoes because I wanted to have some to make salsa and tomato sauce. We don't really like just plain tomatoes. However, I have been waiting forever for the first red tomato to make a BLT. It takes forever for them to get ripe!


And last of all, the strawberries - let me just tell you that BIRDS LOVE STRAWBERRIES! We have not been able to pick even one yet, because the birds get them before they are ripe. I have not made an effort to find a way to keep the birds out. I think I need to put some type of screen or net over the berries so the birds can not get them.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am impressed with your green thumb Neisha.