Monday, November 3, 2008

Glad it's finally over!

I am not a big fan of Halloween
So I am very glad that the weekend is over. However, we did get something amazing accomplished so it wasn't a total waste.

Friday: Here they are all dressed up.

Jonathon is some character from Aragon, but I can never remember who. Thomas is what we call a Skeletal Horror. Hannah is Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, and Libby is Mariposa, from the Barbie movie.

Steve wanted to take the kids out this year, and Jonathon decided he was to old to go Trick or Treating, so he stayed home and handed out candy (a decision he later regretted when he had to beg the others to share with him). I really didn't have to do much - it was quite relaxing. Henry was mad, because we would not let him sit and eat the whole bowl of candy like he wanted to. I didn't feel like finding a costume for him, He can go next year.

For Halloween night, we watched "The Black Hole". Steve remembered it as being kind of spooky and scary, so he though it would make for a good Halloween movie. The kids enjoyed it, but in my opinion, it was pretty hokey - special effects from 30 years ago are hilarious.

Saturday: We cleaned out the Garage - WOW!
We put if off for way too long. There was a couple of years of STUFF just piled up in there. We were not worried about it, because we figured it would all get taken care of when we moved
.
NOW THAT WE HAVE DECIDED NOT TO MOVE
I am not going to spend the winter digging my car out of the driveway every morning. So we got to work, and it only took us a few hours. I wish I would have gotten a before picture to post - so everyone could see how bad it really was.


Here is how it looks now - my car fits!
If we can find a place for the bikes to go,
Steve will be able to fit his car in too!

I am so excited!


One last memorable moment from this weekend.

Saturday night we finally got the kids to bed
Hannah decided to sleep with a Green Glow Stick
I was going to take it away, but I thought that she would be fine.


WRONG!

For some reason, she decided that if she chewed on the glow stick, it would glow brighter. NOPE - it just broke open all over the place, it got in her mouth and she spit it all over. She was very distraught and told us that we needed to call poison control.

We thought is was pretty funny, because when we went in to see what all of the fuss was about, she was sitting in a mess of glowing green and her mouth was oozing glow in the dark goo. Again, wish I would have taken a picture - it was better than the special effects of "The Black Hole"!

7 comments:

Monson Family Fitness said...

WoW! That was an eventful weekend! The costumes look great! Awesome job on the garage clean out, for some reason I can picture what it maybe looked like before so I'm impressed! And way funny about the glow stick...poison control...that's funny! Oh ya, and you're not moving, yay!

The Bennetts said...

Good looking garage! So did you call poison control?

Jillo said...

We had a simialr glow stick experience but it went all over the ceiling. THe boys thougt it was major cool because it looked like start everywhere. It glowed for weeks.

Syphus Circus said...

Still laughing about Hannah...maybe it wouldn't be so funny if I couldn't totally relate! Thank goodness that stuff isn't toxic! Glad that you're not moving. I'm sure that is a bit of a relief right now. Taylor parks in the driveway because of the bikes. Maybe we'll get a shed, if winter is bad enough.

Jessica said...

I am glad to see it in writing-you are not moving.

Danielle said...

Neisha, I love your blog. Its action packed and hilarious. I love the garage. You're going to feel spoiled all winter! BTW I made the pumpkin bars tonight...so good!

HK said...

Neisha, I can't believe how cute Henry is! Congratulations on the new baby boy. Poor Hannah and Libby, they are way outnumbered now! Brayden wouldn't go trick or treating, and now he is regretting it also.