Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bringing 2010 To An End

When I have finished this post, I think I can finally consider myself caught up. I have made a promise to myself that I will not get that far behind again. Hopefully I can stay on top of things. It’s no fun blogging about stuff that I can barely remember.

It seems like our Christmas Season was a bit hectic this year. I didn’t even get any baking done, so therefore, we did not give out any neighbor gifts this year. I find myself thinking that we didn’t focus on the more important things, and we let the hustle and bustle take over. So, note to self, try to make next year a little more special.

A few days before Christmas, Hannah was playing at a friends house and totally smashed her finger between two exercise weights. It looked awful, and was definitely something that I worried about. Luckily the doctor was able to take care of it in the office, and patched her right up. She worried so much about having to get stitches or that something might be really wrong, but in the end she loved all of the extra attention.

DSCN1636

My mom and dad came for a visit on the 23rd. It’s always exciting when they show up with giant bags full of presents. My dad got out the video camera and took tons of videos of the kids. Tauna flew in the next day, and so we were only missing Sam. Hopefully we will get to see her sometime soon.

DSCN1637

Our very own Christmas eve tradition is making graham cracker houses. Steve is the master carpenter and gets all of the houses glued together with hot glue. This year, he went above and beyond and made an extra large two story house with the leftover crackers.

DSCN1658 

Our other Christmas Eve Tradition is to let the kids open one present. They all know that they are getting Pajamas, and then a movie to watch. It makes them crazy that they never get to open a real present. I tried to get them to hold still for a photo of them in their new PJ”s, but it’s beyond impossible.

Christmas Eve

We all enjoyed our Christmas morning. I took more pictures than usual, so it is hard to choose just a few for this post. I will throw some in when and if I ever get around to making a blog book. Besides, there are not many people who want to look at pictures of other people opening presents.

We also have many pictures of the easy bake creations that were made later in the afternoon. I was happily taking a little snooze during the baking process, but was later informed that the chocolate cake was delish and the yellow cake didn’t quite turn out. I do not have wonderful things to say about the easy bake oven, however, it gives Hannah something to do.

DSCN1746

All through December, I was worried that we might not have a very white Christmas. We did eventually get some snow before the magical day, so no worries there. However, the real snow came right before New Years. We had so much snow, that we had to snow blow 3 times that day.

DSCN1755

Finally, our New Years Eve celebrations. We decided to forget about the easy bake oven, and go for some real cakes. The girls each made their own cakes, and then we tried out our new mini cupcake maker that we got for Christmas. We had cakes and cupcakes and frosting everywhere, but everyone had a great time decorating.
  DSCN1764

We spent most of the day watching our favorite movies that we got for Christmas, including Despicable Me which we probably watched twice. We finished off the year by enjoying the firework show put on by the neighbors as we drank our sparkling fruit drinks. It should have been hot chocolate, but I wasn’t using my brain.

So now that I am all caught up, I don’t know if I will have much to write about for a while. January is now over, and nothing much has happened. At least we will have Jack’s birthday in February.

No comments: