Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fun Filled Fall Festivities

It’s always a happy time for me when the kids head back to school and stop yelling at each other all day long. Some might wonder if I would rather just keep the kids home in order to avoid the stressful mornings spent waiting in line at the school drop off area. Still it’s nice to have my days free of bickering, so I must endure through the agony of dealing with inconsiderate people who don’t know how to pull all the way forward. That’s all I have to say about that.

In October, Steve and Hannah went on a Daddy Daughter Activity for Achievement Days. Hannah was very excited about the whole thing. The girls got to make up special invitations for all of the dad’s, and they had to dress up for the special Masquerade Ball. They even learned how to do some ball room dancing.

DSCN1510


For Fall Break we headed down to Phoenix to see Steve’s sister and her family.
It was actually an enjoyable mini vacation, and we are hoping that we will make
the effort to visit there more often. The only pictures we took during the whole
trip were of the kids half asleep in the hotel room.

DSCN1538

 

Happy Birthday Steve 
For Steve’s birthday this year, I have no clear memory of what we did. I am pretty sure that we had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. I don’t know what he got for his birthday, but whenever I ask him about it, all I hear is that we sure didn’t go anywhere fun like Disneyland. For the record, Steve likes to buy himself presents when it’s not his birthday, so sometimes his birthdays are a little bit of a let down.

Documenting the first snow of the year - October 26th.
It was such a beautiful night, but this picture isn’t even close to capturing it.

DSCN1566

For Halloween, the kids pretty much wore that same costumes as last year, so I didn’t take pictures of the kids, but we do have pics of the pumpkins. Halloween was a very stormy night, and we didn’t get much trick or treating in because of the downpour.

Pumpkins

Henry’s,  Jonathon’s,  Thomas’,  Hanna’s
Steve’s,  Neisha’s,  Libby’s  and  Jack’s

For Thanksgiving we made many plans, but none of them panned out.
So it was just us at home feasting on turkey.
Of course it was the best turkey ever, but I think we say that every year.

DSCN1600

DSCN1604

DSCN1606

DSCN1608

Our most time honored Thanksgiving tradition is making homemade
place cards. Hannah took on the job all by herself this year, and this is
what she came up with. I don’t think the picture can portray how cute they
looked with their little tiny feathers in the back.

DSCN1612

And finally, homemade apple pie. It looks kind of gooey around the edges, 
however, that’s caramel so it’s a good kind of gooey.

DSCN1599

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is a lot in one post! Your pumpkins look great and I am impressed that everyone of you have one.

Your Thanksgiving reminds me that I never went back and commented on your turkey. You should post that caramel apple pie, that sounds divine.