Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bacon Wrapped Turkey Kabobs

We have only made these twice, but both times they have turned out great. This is my new favorite thing to make for a BBQ.

2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbls lemon juice
1 Tbls brown sugar
2 (3 pound) boneless turkey breast halves
1 (16 oz) pakage of bacon
Fresh Pineapple Chunks, Cherry Tomatoes, Sweet Onions, yellow squash, zuchinni or any other type of veggies that you want on your kabobs.

Cut turkey into 1" cubes. In a large bag, combine first 7 ingredients and mix well. Add turkey to marinade and let sit for about an hour, or more. Even overnight if you want to.

When its time to put together your kabobs, cut bacon slices in half and wrap each piece of turkey with a 1/2 strip of bacon. Then assemble your kabobs with desired fruits and veggies.
* For more bacon goodness, you could use a whole stip for each piece of turkey, but then you would need more bacon.

Grill kabobs until the bacon is all nice and crispy and enjoy. Makes about 10 kabobs with 4 pieces of turkey on each kabob. This will vary depending on how many veggies you put on the kabobs.

4 comments:

Monson Family Fitness said...

I am so going to try those! I wish it was nicer to grill outside, oh well! I'll let you know what I think after the weekend!

Jillo said...

Hi Necia! I am so glad to find you guys. We have really missed your family and wonder what you are up to, now we know. It was fun to see Steve, a little random that we were in Babies R Us, but whatever works. I am excited to snoop around in your lives and hope that you will do some snooping into ours.
Kent and Jill Oaks
(Cute kids, by the way, they are all getting so big!)

Anonymous said...

Niesha can cook??????????????
who know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Hi Niesha,
After a bit of confusion, and a few phone calls, I realized that you thought Jill Oaks was managing our Prairie 6th ward blog. It's actually me..Jill Bearden. I was racking my brain trying to figure out who you were! I think you moved out right when we moved in! Anyway, I didn't want you to think that Jill Oaks didn't know your last name. It was me, but I changed it now! :-) Thanks for adding your name to our site. I spoke to several ward members who remember your family fondly. They were excited to see your blog!