Saturday, January 3, 2009

Could this be the start of something?

by Steve

It's been 10 long and discouraging years since I've been able to enjoy the NFL post season. I could say the exact same thing 10 years ago. For those of you that don't know, I am one of the few Arizona Cardinal fans in the world. Sure the stadium was filled 63,400 other fans, but most of them were fair-weather fans, band-wagon fans, and Atlanta Falcons fans.

I've spent the last 20 years as a fan of one of the most futile sports franchises in history. But every year, I predict a Super Bowl win... and ever year, reality sinks in around week 8. But this year is different....

Sure a wild-card round win isn't much.... but we are talking about the Cardinals. If they play the Giants or Panthers like they played the Falcons, then we can start to get excited.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Normally I'm a real optimist; however, don't bet the house on it this year...

Janelle said...

I love a good underdog team! I'll cheer too.

Danielle said...

Sorry, Steve. I admire your devotion. May your dreams come true

Monson Family Fitness said...

I cannot get into football and unfortunately that's all Corey wants to watch! Boring!