Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Nerve

Today, while we were checking out at the grocery store, the nice lady checker asked me when my baby was due.

I politely replied, "The end of February."

"Oh, that's nice" she said.

We gathered our bags into the cart and started to leave when she asked quite loudly as we were walking away, "Are you sure you're not having twins?"

What is that all about?

I've tried not to let it bug me -

but really, do I look like I'm having
TWINS??????

And even if I do, why would you say it out loud?

8 comments:

Steve said...

You are pretty gianormous.

Danielle said...

You do not look like you are having twins! Some people are complete idiots. You look great! You should have asked her when she was due...ha ha!

Monica said...

You totally don't look like you are having twins! Geez lady checkers these days.

Jessica said...

You do not look like you are having twins. In fact I was thinking how cute and non pregnant you looked in your scout shirt the other night.

Jillo said...

Why do some folks think it is okay to ask such personal questions? I agreee with Danielle, you should totally have asekd her whern she was due!

Heather said...

What kind of question is that? Neisha you do not look like you are having twins and I even had to remind myself that you are pregnant when I started reading this post.

Lisa said...

I don't know how big you look, you've been in hibernation for 9 months or maybe the roads to Bear Lake are closed. Maybe your having triplets.

Syphus Circus said...

My sister is a nurse in labor and delivery at the U. She is teaching one of her nurse friends, who is not pregnant and is asked frequently if she is, the following line, "Are you rude or just stupid?" Okay, so it isn't very nice, but I'm not sure what's worse.