Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blatant Destruction

Throughout the years I have had quite a few things ruined by my sweet little children. I will never forget the day that Thomas sat and picked the chocolate chips out of his Chip A Hoy cookie and mashed them into my two day old couch cushions. Or the time that Jonathon dumped a quart of blue paint in the hallway. One day, one of them took a pair of tweezers to our television screen and carved some nice designs. We had only been in our new house a few months when one of the kids scribbled non-washable green crayon all over the walls and the back of my Lazy Boy – Mr. Clean met his match on this one.

These things and many other have taken place because I have had an endless supply of toddlers. I understand that they really don’t know any better. One could say that it is my fault, for not watching them more closely. So, over the years we have just learned to accept that destruction is going to happen.

However, I can not accept the fact that my 8 year old would do something like this:

DSCN1005 

 

DSCN1003

When did Libby turn 8 you ask? Oh, No, Libby didn’t do this. This is Hannah’s cruel attempt to frame her sister. And, it wasn’t enough for her to just let me find it, she actually came to me and tattled on Libby.

I used to think that Hannah was pretty smart, but she wasn’t bright enough to figure out that I would know that this was not Libby’s work. I have so many unanswered questions. Why would Hannah want her sister to get into trouble for this? How could she be so mean? Why did she have to use my chair?

P.S. I have not tried to get the crayon out of the chair. I don’t know the best way to go about it. I don’t even know if it’s washable crayon.  But mostly I have left it there so that she can be reminded of it whenever she goes into the front room.

3 comments:

Heather said...

No way! Where do kids get these ideas.

Jillo said...

Oh man! That is both hilarious and rotten at the same time. =)
We've had our fair share of child destruction over here. The day 3 year old Kade took a hammer to the tv was the funnest, but there have been many to look back and remember. I think when they move out we are gunna have to gut this place and redo everything.

Danielle said...

Oh, Neisha! That's a biggie.