Monday, March 15, 2010

Jack Turned One

February 23rd – Happy Birthday!

DSCN0983

Yes, it was a while ago, I don’t know where the time goes.

For every kid that we have, the first birthday becomes less and less of an event. See Henry’s First Here.

Poor Jack, I wasn’t even going to buy him birthday presents. It’s not like he knows right? But, Steve said that we had to get him at least one. So he got one present from us and one from Grandma. I also got him a new outfit, but then forgot about it until I found it 2 days ago.

Grammy was a slacker and decided not to show up for the “not really a party” so she could hang out with my Dad in Austin. So it was just our little family.

I didn’t even make him a cake – I went to “The Store” in Midway and bought him one. It was white with confetti sprinkles. I also bought a red velvet cake for me and Steve to eat - they were both delicious. Also, they were the perfect size, everyone got a piece, and there was only one slice leftover. I’m not sure who ate it for breakfast the next day, but I’m sure she did plenty of Jillian Michaels to make up for it.

DSCN0990

DSCN0994
Note to baker: Green confetti looks like mold!

Jack was 23 lbs. and 12 oz at his last check up. He only has 4 teeth, but that 5th one has tried to cut at least 3 times. I think it might come through this time though. He says Mama and Car and sometimes Henry or Hannah – not too chatty. He doesn’t walk, but he can climb just about anything. I think he’s going to be a mean little boy, because he likes to hit and throw things, and grab my glasses off my face.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

WOW! That year went by quickly. I figure if a guy can say mama and hit and throw, he doesn't really need to be chatty. I always want to squeeze Jack!

HK said...

HE IS SOOO CUTE!!!

Heather said...

Haha! I'm always forgetting about presents too. I love Jack's double chin.

Monica said...

Happy Birthday to you little man. Seriously one already?? Geez. Time flies!

Sara said...

Where does the time go? Hey, is there something wrong with buying cakes at 'The Store'? It's cheaper than the therapy I'd need after hours of trying to make something as good, only to have my house destroyed while I was in the kitchen attempting to be domestic.

Natalie said...

Wow, that year went by fast! He is just adorable! I love the "moldy" confetti comment- you are too funny!