Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back in 1993...


Back in 1993, the Phoenix Suns went to the NBA Finals, only to lose to Michael Jordan and the Bulls in 6 games. After that loss, I felt awful, and it took a week to get over.

So what does the '93 Suns have to do with anything today?

Since then I decided I wouldn't let a sporting contest let me feel so bad again. So through the years, the Yankees World Series loss in 2001, the Jazz losses in '97 and '98 NBA Finals, Yankees 2004 ALCS loss to the Red Sox (I was there), and the numerous regular season and playoff disappointments of various other teams, I haven't let them depress me.

This year is no different, so keep your condolences. Even a Cardinal Super Bowl loss only took about 15 minutes to get over. I think the episode of the "The Office" right after the game might've helped (I wonder if that is why they put it on right after the Super Bowl).

My brief commentary on the games is this... The Cardinal's lost it themselves... 100+ yards in penalties - c'mon! Then... after the go-ahead score, they played like they already won it - they're D contained Pittsburg the whole game (except the last 60 sec).

Anyway... My next blogging will probably start in October with the Yankees win over the Red Sox in the ALCS. See ya.

3 comments:

Heather said...

What Steve? I have gone from not even knowing that Arizona had an NFL team to being fully invested in their Superbowl performance from reading your blog. I check three times tonight for you to post and this is all you have to say? That your over it already? I'm a little disappointed.

Danielle said...

The bulls ruined it for a lot of us in the 90's. If it weren't for Michael Jordan, the Suns and the Jazz would've been champs!

Shawn and Cami and Max and Annie said...

Steve, Steve, Steve.

Sorry the bubble had to burst so violently, but if Fitzgerald would have gotten more touches before the close of the 3rd quarter, I believe you would have won the game.

Too bad you were body-slammed back to reality. This time heed my adivce and pick a winner. Red Sox over Skankees!!!

See ya' man.