Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Pictures of Jack

Well we came home yesterday, because even though it was ultra quiet in the hospital, I was quite lonely. I just wanted to climb into my own bed and relax.

The whole labor was quite uneventful. It pales in comparison to the others. We went in at 7:30 am and basically just had to wait until the baby was ready to come. Everything was ready by 9:30 and he was here at 1:20 PM. I was afraid to get another epidural, but I endured the queasy uncomfortable procedure – it’s always worth it.

He did try to push a fist through first but we were glad that he decided not too. Nobody believes me when I say it takes one push, but you can ask Dr. Tayler – One push and we had a baby.

After the last month of extreme discomfort, it was instant relief. This has also been one of the easiest recoveries so far. We are so grateful to have Jack finally here. We think he looks like all the rest of the kids.

DSC07758

“Live long and prosper!”

DSC07759

DSC07772

I took this one this morning – Henry loves to be close to Jack.

A little too close sometimes.

We were worried that Henry might not love to share his Mom with a new baby, but Libby seems to be the one that is having trouble. She’ll be ok though.

7 comments:

Jaz said...

awww. how precious. I agree that an epidural is always worth it.
I still can't believe you have 6 kids!! Congrats and good luck.

Monica said...

Congratulations on your new little man! He is so cute. You are right he looks just think the rest of the kids. Where did you guys get your cookie cutter?

Danielle said...

What a good looking fella! There are few things sweeter than a brand new baby. ENJOY!

Natalie said...

Hey is WAY cute, guys! Congrats! I'm glad he made it here safe and sound. He came to a great family!

Heather said...

You really do have the cutest babies! This may have been an easy recovery, but you really should milk it for all it's worth.

Jessica said...

He is so sweet and I adore the name Jack. He looks like he fits right in.

Monson Family Fitness said...

What a cutie! I love his chubby cheeks! So glad that everything went well and you're doing good! Doesn't it just feel awesome to have pregnancy over with? I think so!