Friday, February 20, 2009

Monday! Monday! Monday!

As much as I would love to go into labor right now or any other time before Monday, I have resigned myself to the fact that it's not going to happen.

So we have made an appointment to be induced on Monday morning. Now I know that last time we had an appointment, it didn't work out - so I am aware that it is not guaranteed.

Just in case I start to feel that insatiable need to have another baby someday, I would like to jot down some reasons why it might not be such a good idea. I am not seeking sympathy comments, this is for when I start to get baby hungry in a couple of years.

The whole 3rd trimester stinks!

  • Heartburn - never ending heartburn impervious to medication
  • Even maternity clothes get uncomfortable
  • I have to pee every 10 minutes
  • Gastrointestinal Distress
  • My back always hurts no matter how I sit or lay
  • I have shooting pains down both of my legs
  • If I sleep on my back, I can't breathe
  • If I sleep on my side, rolling over may cause my back to break
  • I try to sleep propped up on about 20 pillows.
  • I can't sleep because I have to pee every 10 minutes
  • I snore so loudly, I wake myself up, & Steve has to use earplugs
  • The ligaments in my body won't hold things together anymore
  • My feet won't fit into my shoes
  • My nose is twice the size that it used to be
  • I walk like a penguin
  • I have been having real contraction on and off for two weeks - THEY DO NOTHING!
  • I have been dilated to a 4 for three weeks, but still no baby
Please remember that things become worse with each additional pregnancy.

4 comments:

HK said...

Good luck!! Monday isn't very far away at all!

Danielle said...

Good luck on Monday. Here's hoping you get the "good" anethesiologist! I'll be crossing my fingers.

The Bennetts said...

I had no clue the big day was Monday! Good luck!

Jillo said...

ooohhhh! We are excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear the details. Good luck. =)