Monday, February 16, 2009

Henry James – June 30th, 2007

Henry

Henry

We thought we were done after 4 kids, but then I wondered what I was going to do with myself when they were all in school. I thought that life might be kind of boring just sitting home all day long by myself.

One might think that it would be nice to be able to get the housework done and stuff like that, but if you know me, you know that I will do anything to avoid housework – so we decided to have another baby.

The decision to have another baby meant that we would have to have 2 more, because I have some sort of obsessive compulsive tendency to keep things even. There was a slight bump in the road when we had a miscarriage in August, but we quickly started over and soon a another baby was on the way.

Two days before my first appointment, the OBGYN office called to tell me that my doctor – the one who delivered all of my other kids - had decided to take a leave of absence. She would probably never come back. This was quite distressing, because I was anxious for my first visit so that we could make sure all was well with the baby.

How was I supposed to find another doctor that would be able to see me in just a few days. It’s never fun to try and find a new doctor, especially a new OBGYN. A friend of ours who’s daughter was also expecting referred us to the doctor that she was seeing. I gave it a shot, and they had just had a cancellation and could see me in a few days. That was good enough for me.

According to the calculator on the internet – the baby was due on June 26th but when we went to our first doctors appointment they did an ultrasound, and the baby measured small. The new doctor decided to push the due date out to July 6th. I was not happy about this at all. This new doctor turned out to bug me more than I thought was possible. We just didn’t mesh, but I really didn’t want to try and find another one.

The final straw was when she said that I could be induced on June 29th, but then decided that it didn’t work for her, and asked another doctor to induce me on the 30th. To top it all off, I tested positive for Group B Strep, which meant that they wanted to pump me full of antibiotics for 4 hours before they would actually start the labor.

So on Saturday the 30th we headed down to the hospital. This time we had to go to LDS – all of the others were at Cottonwood – I missed Cottonwood. I let my sister come along – this would be the first time that anyone else besides Steve was with me during delivery.

After 4 hours of medicine (we watched Robin Hood Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner) they broke my water and the baby was on the way. Pretty easy – two pushes and we had a new baby boy.

Picture 149

We named him Henry James
He was 7lbs
14oz - 21 Inches long
I forget more and more info with each child. I don’t even remember when he was born, but I think it was around 4pm.

2 comments:

HK said...

I know I have said this before, but your kids are so cute! Did you find a new doctor this time around??

Neisha said...

We have decided to have this next one up here - with Dr. Tayler. Hope all goes well!!